Monday 2 June 2014

My new purchase! Barry M Hi-shine review!


I came across these Barry M Hi-shine nail paints when I was browsing the internet for some cool new nail paints, I wanted some summer colours as I haven't got any, to be fair I started to think that my current nails polishes weren't exactly what I would call summery!! I am a big fan of Barry M nail paints especially the Hi-shine ones because of their colour range and they are so easy to apply, they also last for ages without chipping which is a bonus! seeing as I have a five month old baby boy who loves playing toys with his mummy :). Whilst I was scrolling through the variety of colours I came across three very pretty colours and thought that they would be a  great addition to my nail polish collection. They were very cheap, you can pick them up from boots and Superdrug for £3.99. I ordered my nail paints from Superdrug because they was doing a three for two offer and thought that it was a bargain!!:). The colours I brought were prickly pear, grapefruit and plum. I will give each nail paint individual reviews and also tell you what I think of them as a whole.

                                                     Prickly Pear


This is the Barry M Hi-shine Prickly Pear nail paint and I Love it! The colour is a light purple/lilac with a really nice shine to it when it it applied. I found that applying three to four coats was the right amount to achieve the Prickly Pear colour! I found with other brands that no matter how many coats you apply you just could not get the colour how it appears in the bottle. What I also loved about the nail paint is that it gave a smooth finish without it being streaky or dull. Compared to the other nail varnishes I have used this one tends to not chip as quick and some of the other  brands and the drying time for this nail paint is fairy quick!. For this review I would give a massive thumbs up for the colour and how the nail paint applies! 


                                                        Grapefruit

This is the Barry M Hi-shine grapefruit nail paint. The colour is a pinky peach colour, you only have to apply two coats to achieve the same colour as the bottle! I found that when I applied the nail paint onto my finger nails it gave a nice shiny coat but when applied to my toe nails for some reason I found that the nail paint went streaky and gloopy on the nail! I decided to give the bottle a good shake in case the first time I shook it the paint still sat at the bottom. I tried to re apply the nail paint again but once again it still seemed to be comming out streaky. I do not know if anyone else had this problem but I would love to hear if you experienced the same thing? I personally do not think I would buy the Barry M Hi-shine in the colour grapefruit but I would definitely be searching for this colour or something similar in the Barry M range because the colour its self is a very bright  pretty colour. So if using this nail paint on your finger nails I would give it a massive thumbs up but on your toe nails I would be swayed to look else where. 

                                                                        Plum


Now this colour I know is not a bright summery colour but my partner loves the colour purple so I thought I would get this for him to appreciate ;) This is the Barry M Hi-shine nail paint in the colour plum. I was a bit hesitant about this purchase because I do not tend to buy really dark colours because I find it hard to achieve a nice neat coverage and find that you have to apply a thicker coat to the nail giving you less control, resulting in very numb fingers due to much longer drying time :(  BUT I found this was not the case with Barry M plum colour. I also find that most but not all dark colours tend just to look like a different shade of black but with the Barry M plum colour you can tell that the colour on your nails is a dark purple rather than a black. This again leaves a very shiny finish to your nail which is nice to buy a product that actually does what it says it does! I would recommend this colour in the Barry M Hi-shine range. 

I hope you found this review helpful and enjoyable thanks for taking your time to read it,
I will now leave you with images of all three nail paints painted on my nails so you can see the colours once it is applied to the nails.
                                                   
                                                     
                                                                     Prickly Pear 
                                                       
                                                                     Grapefruit

Plum

Feel free to leave a comment on what other blogs you would like to see! :)
Thanks guys! xox


No comments:

Post a Comment